Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A few favs from our camping trip












So, we saw that it was going to be 95+ degrees this weekend...so, we packed up the trailer & headed to Bandon. The weather in town was great, but it was brisk & windy down at the beach. I'm always warm, so it was perfect for me...not so much for E & the kids. My new fav photo of M is of her screaming her head off. I thought that it was because she was cold. Later, she told us that it was because her brother had told her that he saw a LIVE crab. That's my J...forever trying to scare his sister. The girl loves reptiles, (that's my next post) & bugs, but can't handle a crab. I have a tendency to get the giggles when M starts pulling out the drama queen card. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do when you're the only girl child. Ridiculous. Other than the one meltdown...it was a great trip. The kids roasted their own marshmallows for the first time. J was unusually sweet, (he's our ornery child), except for teasing me with a stick or pretending to flick a booger on me,(he had to get a bit of orneriness in), when I was trying to take his photo. We would go for evening walks around the campground, (the kids were on their bikes & K in the stroller) & J would turn around & check on me to make sure I was ok...I'm not sure why he thought that I wouldn't be, but it was sweet. E was lagging behind with the dog. It was Blu's first leash experience...between the leash & everybody stopping E to see the dog...we made it around the campground once & caught up with him. I'm also working on a personal project involving flowers, scenery, etc. So, here are a few photos for my project & some of my favorite camping photos. Oh, E has a tendency to either have his mouth open, or his eyes closed...in EVERY photo with him in it...or else, he steps in front of the camera when I'm trying to get a photo of the kids, so I get half a cheek & half of the kids...grr.

No comments: