Friday, July 18, 2008

Growing up

Mo FINALLY lost another tooth. Her two top, front teeth have been loose for about a year. One finally came out in an ice cream cone. She's already lost her bottom front teeth. I'll try to get photos tomorrow. I have a wedding tomorrow & all of my gear is packed up. In the chaos over M's tooth, we discovered that J has TWO loose teeth! I shouldn't be surprised because they both were early teethers & M had loose teeth at that age, but he's my baby, (ok...he's not the baby any more, but he was for 3yrs)! It's amazing, you expect your first to go through all of the milestones, but it's harder with the younger kids. J is starting preschool this year...I'm having issues with that too. I think that's hard for me because he's my independent boy that needs mama more than he likes to let on. I'll be a wreck when it's K's turn. Speaking of K...he'll be walking soon. I'll probably be in a straight jacket because of my busy boy. He's naughty & then he flashes his sweet, innocent little grin & I melt. He's usually "naughty" because of the big kids leaving doors open, or things on the floor. I think that he has random cravings for books. The minute it is within reach, he crawls, (like a madman), toward it & tries to chow down. The other too weren't crazy paper eaters like he is. I seriously can't keep up with him. I never had a problem keeping the house clean when the other two were little. E comes home & looks at me like, "what did you do all day?". E has started calling K "tasmanian devil". I start unloading the dishwasher & the next thing I know, K is "helping" & standing in the dishwasher. Or, he will just disappear. I will go look for him & find that one of the big kids has left the bathroom door open & K is stirring the water with a pencil. I am OCD when it comes to germs & cleanliness. This sends me over the edge. K gets stripped & bathed. While he is playing in the tub, I scrub the bathroom, hoping that if the door gets left open again...he'll have a clean toilet to play in. EWWWW! K is the busiest little man that I have ever seen. M was content to just sit & play in the tupperware cabinet when she was his age. J is my sleepy head...he would crawl in the same cabinet & fall asleep on the lazy susan, (I have that photo around here somewhere). If I try to occupy K with the tupperware cabinet...he just looks at it & crawl over to the bookshelf in the other room & tries to rip all of the books off. I swear, he's thinking, "oooh! paper! must eat!". Oh well, they are there own little people with their own little ideas. I have said it before...I've always been a sucker for ornery boys. I'm also a sucker for my little toothless princess.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Oi! May the force be with you... I'm crazy enough with my 1 onery boy. I can't wait to see pics of the toothless princess.

heather said...

They do grow up quickly...C is going to be 13 (!!!!!!) very soon!

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

HEATHER! C CANNOT be 13! Wow! She really has grown into a beautiful young lady tho! Gosh! Where does the time go?

heather said...

I know!!!! It is crazy!