Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Snakes & water fights





E found a garter snake while working in the backyard. The kids LOVE snakes. Actually, the next day, my little sis brought her kids over to play. My sis is fond of critters, so she & J went snake hunting. They kept picking up rocks from our rockwall at the back of our property...they kept finding snakes! Every time Jill would lift up a rock & we would see a snake, I would scream, which would send the kids into shrieks & fits of giggles. Anyhow, back to the point...E found this snake & the kids, (they were begging to hold it & E wouldn't let them), wanted me to take photos of it so M could add it to the critter photo collection that I have started for her in her bedroom. I love lizards & frogs. I can also handle snails, so I'm ok w/ all of those. I don't think that I can put laundry away w/o having an anxiety attack if a snake photo is in her room. I hate the things. I also added a photo of J scowling at me while "helping" E with the landscaping project. Oh! I can't forget the water fight. I filled up a bunch of balloons for the kids & their friend Justin, (neighbor). E decides to pelt our kids w/ the balloons & soaks them right off. No mercy from dad. J gets ticked & goes for the hose. E can dish it out, but he doesn't like to lose. J was screaming mad & E started pouting when J got him w/ the hose. I told the kids that whoever nailed E w/ a balloon got a piece of cake. So, Justin, got a determined look on his face. Marched over, got a balloon & nailed E. Ha! Take that from a 6yo E! I didn't get photos of that because I was trying to get my camera out of the line of fire. Bummer.

2 comments:

Dena said...

OK so the bottom picture of J is the first time I have looked at him and gone OMG he looks just like E!
That picture looks so much like E it is scary LOL

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Isn't it hyserical! He does look a lot like him. Each one of the kids looks like E in a different way. I decided that I am just the incubator...I don't pass my genes on...well, that's not totally true, M acts just like me. hehe!