Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Teeth, Imagination & Wonder









Wow! I was having a serious case of guilt because I have been so busy photographing others, that I haven't had time for my own babes. You can tell who is a willing subject & who isn't...well, K can't run yet.... :)
Here is M & her beautiful new smile. J was "selling dogs" in his fort. He kept asking me to climb up & by a dog. :) I'm a sucker for cute boys, so I bought a dog. It's in the form of a skateboard w/ Scooby Doo on it. It's the coolest dog ever cuz it doesn't poop! So, if you're in the market for a poopless dog...J has one for ya!
As for K...he was in HEAVEN! He had the living room all to himself & got to "play the Wii" without the big kids telling him no! How cool is that?! I think that he was wondering why I wasn't telling him No. He quickly tired of the wii-mote & moved on to a balloon. I love the curiosity & discovery. I can't believe that he is almost ONE! Oh! K "talks" a lot...mostly, "oooh, oooh, oooh!" when he is over stimulated with something, such as a balloon. He's been saying, "da-da" for a couple of months now. His latest word is NO. When he is scolded, he mimics the scolders expression & says, "oh oh!". In the same tone. He is a really good mimic. He can mimic the exact sound of the dogs bark & they have chats. I honestly think that they understand eachother. He mimics conversations. I'm rather impressed. M has this same talent. She often imitates her friends voices & laughs. It cracks me up because she's usually right on. This trait does have its drawbacks. She can mimic Spongebob & other annoying charachters.
M stayed at a friends tonight, so J had a friend sleepover. Tomorrow, I'll post a photo or two of J's first sleepover. We lucked out tho...we have hyper boys, but that doesn't even come close to little girls squealing. The boys were annoyed with E & I...we made them sleep in M's room. J & K share a room & the boys kept waking him up...so, we moved them. They weren't happy about sleeping with a pink comforter. AND to top my night off...J has reached the "it's embarrassing to kiss mom in front of your friends" stage. WAAAHHH! I stole one anyhow!

4 comments:

Faith Williams said...

They grow up so fast don't they ? Peyton won't sleep with Jordans pink comforter either and he stopped kissing me in front of other people a long time ago unless he wants something :) I don't care tho I will probably be stealing kisses even on his first day of high school :)

mamaparlette said...

I tried to have boys. I did. And since my two oldest are so close in age, I'm bound to have sleepovers with at least 4 squealing girls. Lucky me.
Oh, and I'd love to buy a dog. Would he do a trade? I have a weimeraner who photographs really well, by the way!

Jamie said...

Oh gosh, sleepovers....just another thing I have to look forward too :-) Love the pictures of K. So cute!

Kellie Trenkle said...

i love these photos of K! esp the one by the red cushion. i just wanna squeeze him! and i love when the kids make up stories about what they're doing or how they're headed off to work and stuff... it's so good to write all this stuff down. my kids love hearing about stuff they did when they were "little." lol.