Monday, September 29, 2008

Sex in the City







Or Country.... :)
Alex & Jessica's wedding was so unique & beautiful! Jessica took great care with the details & it showed! Her "matron" of honor described Jessica's dress as totally Sex in the City. I'd have to agree! Sassy & elegant. Alex & Jessica have been together off & on since Jr. High. It is so evident that they are best friends, as well as totally & completely smitten with each other. My only regret is that I had a few shots in mind...of Jessica, in her dress in the doorway of the bridal cottage at Romantic River Gardens. Time didn't allow tho...that's how things go sometimes. Note to future brides: if you are planning to have your makeup done at Macy's...make sure that they don't have anything else going on...such as; homecoming. Weddings seem to be low priority for Macy's. If you are getting your makeup done & a customer walks up...they wait on the customer & then come back to do the makeup. I had several customers walk in between myself & the bride while she was getting her makeup done. I don't think that the big 'ol camera in my hand was an indicator that I might be taking photos of someone getting ready for their wedding. Macy's was running at LEAST an hour behind which put us WAAAY behind schedule...we had about 10minutes after the ceremony to take the formal photos. I have to add...Erik & I got married at Romantic River Gardens...9yrs ago. It was beautiful then & it's even more gorgeous now. Chuck & Sandy Hester have made several additions since we were married there. They have the bridal cottage, the (Erik & Sheila Nielsen), inspired pavillion for those rainy weddings. Apparently, we've gone down in history because our wedding was referred to several times on Saturday. :)

4 comments:

mamaparlette said...

I just love fall weddings. The colors are so wonderful. What a beautiful wedding this appeared to be. :)

Summer said...

All the photos are terrific, of course, but I LOVE the cherub/ring shot.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Thank you! I saw the cherub at rehearsal & saw the rings there...... I was glad to sneak a few seconds to "steal" the rings & grab a shot! :)

Malik Imran Awan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.