Saturday, September 13, 2008

Brothers



I didn't have brothers, so the dynamics of brothers is new to me. J has been sort of apathetic to K until about two months ago.... Sort of, "ya, I like him, but I don't want to get too close cuz he might urp on me or do something equally gross". Then, all of a sudden J became K's biggest fan. Holding his hands and helping him walk around the house. Cheering him on in his attempts to walk, cheering him through his first steps. "LOOK MAMA! K walking! How many steps did he take that time?". So, he started counting K's steps. J is only in school 2 days a week, so on the days that he is home, (M is full time, of course), he is excited to teach K new things. I love that they are becoming buddies. If K is fussy at night, J gets out of bed & goes to K's bed & starts acting silly until K laughs. This would be great, if K would actually settle down & go to sleep. It ends up with me putting J in M's room to get the boys to quit playing together. Here is a photo of J pushing K in a box. :)

4 comments:

Summer said...

Yeah! I knew they'd adore each other... M too. We sure miss you guys.

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

So precious Sheila!
Canela

LadyJ said...

My boys are the same way. I love how the big brother always thinks making the baby laugh at bedtime is being helpful. :) I can only imagine what it will be like when my boys get even older. I just hope they always love each other like they do now.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Beth,
That is my prayer...that my kids remain best friends!