Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's just hair, right?



Well, that was sort of my theory, until today. I have been letting J's hair grow. He liked that it was growing out. I took him to "the boy haircut place" today. I told the guy, "DO NOT BUZZ IT! I just want it cleaned up into a 'big boy' haircut". So, he gets out the clippers & I'm thinking, "am I missing something cuz he's going to cut it all off!". As the first chunk hits the floor, M looks at me, gasps & says, "um, mom...I don't like it". I said, "I don't either, but I can't do anything about it now". M kept saying, "you told him not to cut it all off". We were standing right next to the guy & he didn't seem to care. Poor J doesn't care for it either. It is cute, but it's not what I wanted. We stopped by E's office to show him. I didn't have a chance to say anything & E said, "uh oh". He knew that I was not happy. It's the same shop that E always takes J to, but he failed to tell me that they only know of one hair cut. Anyhow, here is a before of the 'no hairstyle' & the after 'Spiky Mikey' is what the Jackass barber called it, (can you tell that I am bitter?). J kept looking at him like, "hey dumb guy, my name isn't Mikey". hehe.

2 comments:

Dena said...

Ummm seriously Jase looks like he aged 3 years over night. I can't believe how grown up he looks now. He is still like 3 years old in my head.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Maybe that's why I don't like his haircut! :) Well...he *just* turned 4, (ok...it's been a few months, but if I say *just* then it makes him stay little longer). He'll love that you said that he looks grown up. He's getting tired of people saying, "ooh! he's so little! I wanna put him in my pocket!". His response is, "uh, I won't fit in your pocket". Duh people. :)