Friday, February 1, 2008

Crazy winter!








































































































































































































































Wow! I can't get over how much snow we had! We still have the bottom half of Frosty. The kids were sad to see the melting process of their snowman. What a great novelty snow is for our area. It's always so fun to play & to see the winter wonderland. Then it melts quickly & stays gone long enough for it to be a novelty. We went to a neighbors house for their sons birthday party...the kids played & the adults played games. It was fun to play games & look outside & see the winter wonderland. We were also entertained by some neighborhood boys. The boys were taking sleds & tubes up a pretty steep bank behind an empty neighborhood lot. All of us "grown ups" had a great view from our neighbors kitchen window. The "men" were dying to go outside with the kids (teenagers) & they were plotting how they could form the snow so the kids would have more fun wiping out. We convinced them that the boys mothers might not like that. So, we just watched & laughed when the boys had a hard crash. No...nobody got hurt, (thankfully). Erik was saying that he wanted to tell the boys to enjoy their teenage, pliable limbs...their poor bodies will be aching in just a few years! All of us mom types quickly realized that our little boys will soon be teenagers & will be doing more dare devilish things. It made furniture jumping look so harmless.... At that moment, our kids were shooting eachother with nerf guns. Boys will be boys.

I added some of my snow/ice macro shots. I really should have gotten the tripod out to capture the flakes a bit more efficiently. I plead lazy. I love how the flower buds look like thistles from the way that the ice froze.

The photos of Jase running & hitting the ball are from when the snow began. "MOM! It's snowing!". I love the magic that snow brings! He ended up nailing me with the ball. I love my sweet boy! He has an ornery, yet loveable disposition. He ran up to me & said, "I sorry mama!". He was laughing as he was apologizing. I have always been a sucker for ornery boys!
I also wanted to show what the view from our from our front windows looked like for a few days.

No comments: