Sunday, February 17, 2008

UGH!

That is the only way that I can describe the past few days. It all started on the 13th. I had a day that can only be described as a one woman slapstick show. I spent the day running the kids around. Squeezed a photo session in. Delivered some photos. Ran the kids around some more. Mo & I ran around dropping Valentines off at friends houses. I was feeling, "not quite right" & could feel a migraine coming on. I don't know how else to describe it, but sort of a drunken, loopy feeling. No. I had not been drinking. :)At one stop...we were "parked" in the driveway of the house. The house has a steep incline at the bottom, right before the garage. Their cars weren't parked in the driveway, so I made a quick call on my cell to see if anybody was home...no answer. So, I closed my phone. Opened up the door & started to get out of the van. The van lurched forward, (OH MY. I left the van in drive). M screams. I am frantically trying to find the brake & am thinking, "crap...I just bought them a new garage door!". NO JOKE. We stopped a 1/4 of an inch away from the garage door. M is yelling, "did we almost go through their door?!". Yes, honey. We ALMOST did. We don't need to tell dad about it. hehe, (later...she did tell dad through a fit of giggles. It's always fun to tell on mom. Dad just looked at me with his usual...you are SO NOT MY WIFE look). So, we are both shaking & head home. I stop at a neighbors house to drop off Valentines for her boys. They have a FREAKISHLY steep driveway & M asks if I am going to drive up. "No honey. You're safe. After that splendid display of why I should have been at home in bed...I am not going to attempt to go up their driveway". So, we make the trek up. Then we start to go up the stairs. I trip up the stairs. We get upstairs. Visit for a bit & go back down. I run smack into the branches of a leafless bush. M says, "Mom. Maybe we should walk home". At that point...I really wasn't sure what the best option would be...so, we drove the rest of the way home. The next morning...I had another session, (thank goodness the sessions went well!). I still wasn't feeling quite right. I had a bit of a sore throat, but really nothing to speak of. A couple of hours after my morning session...I started feeling feverish. I ended up having a fever of 102 for 2 days. I could NOT break it. We were supposed to be enjoying a relaxing weekend at the coast with our good friends. I now have pneumonia & M has the 102 fever. Poor baby! It seems that she is 2 days behind me. We are trying to keep her from getting worse. She has been up playing today & has gone outside for a bit of fresh air. I just hope that she gets better & the boys can avoid it. E has been wonderful. He has been taking care of all of us. He has been having K sleep on his side of the bed at night & he brings him to me when I need to nurse. Anyhow....I will probably be MIA this week, so if you are calling for a session or other studio related business...I promise that I am not ignoring. Talking agitates the coughing & I don't want to hack in your ear. :) Send me a quick email via my website & I will respond as quickly as possible!

No comments: