Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Woes of Winter Skin! TIP:


If you are suffering with dried out itchy winter skin...here is an easy, natural solution:

1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
2-6 drops of essential lavender oil
2 vitamin E capsules (broken) (helps to keep the solution from going rancid & it's great for your skin)

Mix them all together. Use a cottonball to dab on problem areas. I am using it on my nose, (I tend to dry out where my nose is pierced) & between my eyebrows. I am only using 2x per week.

Hand/Facial scrub:


1 tbs sea salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 drops of lavendar essential oil

2 drops of chamomille

1/2 tsp aloe vera (I take mine straight from my plant)

3 tbs pure sugar

2 tbs brown sugar

1/2 tsp lemon juice

2 tbs finely ground oatmeal

vitamin C (I have vit C in capsule form. I just break it open & pour the capsule in).

Virgin Olive oil. stir in until desired consistancy is achieved.


I am leaving it next to my kitchen sink & using it throughout the day.
The photo is of the hand scrub. I had to add a photo...cuz I'm a nerd like that!

1 comment:

heather said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing these, if I ever get a spare moment to get back to making things like this, these sound like good ones to try!