Monday, February 25, 2008

My handy hubby

I will have a photo later...I just had to share a story...for now. My hubby is very handy. He helps with the kids, he changes diapers, he takes out the garbage & he likes to build things. He made a handy, beautiful baby gate cuz I'm a bit spoiled & didn't want an icky plastic gate. So, he made one that matches the banister on our stairs. He made that when M was a baby. He made a beautiful shelf around M's bedroom. For her knicky-knacks & such. I wanted "pottery barn" ledges. I got more beautiful than Pottery Barn shelves. He & his dad made the kids swing-set/playhouse. So, I don't want the following story to make him sound like he's a schmuck when it comes to woodwork. I found a desk in, (where else),the PB catalog & showed it to him...so, he spent the entire weekend creating the desk for me. He is a perfectionist & his creations are always so beautiful! He called me down to the garage tonight, (in his giddy way), & was so excited to show me the progress. He used dowels & wood glue to put it together.... It was sitting upside down drying. He started to pick it up to turn it over to show me...I asked if the glue was dry...then I started doing the National Lampoon drumroll & was already getting giggly. He completed turning it over & the pieces started falling off, one by one. I was giggling so badly that M was practically holding me up. She was trying so hard not to laugh & then she lost it. I was trying to compose myself & had to go back into the house. He just had a sheepish grin on his face & kept repeating, "I guess it wasn't dry yet". Hmm...ya think? He put it all back together & we will check on it in the morning. Oh, I love him! I can't wait for my work station to be finished! I will post a photo when it's completed!

2 comments:

Addie said...

Oh that's funny! But ya gotta give it to him for being handy and excited! Can't wait to see the picture!

KI said...

Isn't this all our hubbies need, a great big pat on that back and a shout-out from the hills that they are our handy-man heros! Mine is finishing building around our deck right now, the railing and such, and I was going to post on my blog about him! So this made me smile that you are boasting about your man too! That's my Will's fav love language, words of affirmation! I think that's a pretty strong every guy need though! Got your blog on mine now too! Let me know if you need any good books to borrow.