Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Milestones



Today was an exciting day for Miss M. It was her last day of Kindergarten. She also had an "un-birthday" party at school. She has a summer birthday, so we brought cupcakes & celebrated with her classmates. The cupcakes were a big deal to her. They were orange & black. Her teacher is a UofO fan. The kids are (mostly) OSU fans, so they have an on going feud with Mr. G. They write things like "go Beavers" on their reading homework...so, M wanted to bring orange & black cupcakes. Mr. G asks each birthday kid if they want the class to sing "fast" Happy Birthday, or "slow" happy birthday. Then he sings the song while making the kids do a crazy dance. So, this is M having a sloooow birthday song. I was trying to take a photo of Moriah in her birthday hat & she kept putting the artwork in front of the lens. Her best friend is standing behind her. The girls are so sweet to eachother. They have gifts for eachother almost every day. Usually colorings from their coloring books. So, this was M's gift from her friend, Cassie. We have a paper bag full of these from the entire year. I love their class. I hope that they all are able to go through school together. All 19 of them love, encourage & take care one one another.
Another milestone: M had her first movie theater experience. We went with several classmates...that is a story in itself, but I shall not blog about my daughters "crushes". hehe! We saw Kung Fu Panda & she ditched me to sit with her friends, (or should I say a boy that is a friend). Kung Fu Panda is a MUST SEE!
Well, I am sad that Kindergarten is over for Miss M. A wonderful lady, Tanya, made a slideshow for each one of the kids to take home. Mr. G played it during the party today. I was a wreck. So were the other moms. E was the only dad that went & he was looking a big uncomfortable at the sight of all of us weepy moms. He was rescued tho. He glanced out the window & spotted his softball coach. So, he made a sneaky exit. Anyhow, it was a great year & I am feeling a bit nostalgic. Mr. G is an amazing teacher & his assistant is wonderful as well. We were blessed with a great year.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Oh... it sounded wonderful. I'm so glad Moriah had such a terrific teacher and classmates... I want to hear more about the crush though!

Addie said...

We really want to see Kung Fu Panda!