Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yay!

So, that surprise that I mentioned a few weeks ago...is FINALLY here! Just visit my website to see the beautiful work of talented illustrator Richard Wagner. www.sheilanielsenphoto.com This illustration captures my vision for my photography. My vision is to capture real moments. Sure, there are times that I enjoy setting up a "scene" & making a portrait...but what is most important to me is to capture children in their "moment". Each child goes through phases & stages. I want to capture those moments. To my husbands dismay...our middle son went through a phase where he liked to wear my shoes, or his sisters dress up shoes, (now he's on to his "cool dude" shoes). Our daughter went through a stage in which she had to take this little doll everywhere...that lasted for a couple of years...over time...that doll was played with less & less...tossed aside like Woody on Toy Story. Those stages pass so quickly & soon our babies are toddlers, then they are starting Kindergarten or getting married. I want to capture all of those life moments.... As you will see in the illustration...it's just a boy & a girl...just wearing something that they are "into" at that moment...but not wearing those clothes in a place that they would be expected to wear them. They are carefree. That's what childhood is about...we only have a moment in time to be carefree. I want to capture those moments...I want parents to be able to look back at the photos of their children & feel a little tug on their heart & remember the way their son would drag a blankie everywhere. Or when their daughters favorite activity was to hunt for lizards.... Check it out. Rick worked so hard on the illustration & E did a great job implementing the flash & working on the "backend" schtuff. My poor husband has been so busy & has been putting up with my insufferable nagging. That, alone, deserves kudos. I love you darling hubby of mine! Thank you for putting up with me!

No comments: