Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh, I wish....

that I had a photo to accompany this story. I was having some quiet time on the couch with K.... The cat is laying on the top of the loveseat...sort of squishing the pillow down toward the back. I only had a view of her head. I could see the top of J's head & heard him making blowing sounds. I said, "oh! you are so sweet to your kitty J...giving her kisses is so nice!". J is "usually" nice to the cat. He doesn't respond, so I think that maybe he might be doing something that he doesn't want me to see. I get up & walk around the back of the loveseat & see cat hair in small piles on the wood floor. I look back up at J & he has a sheepish grin & the scissors in his hand & says, "Marwo (Marlo) need haircut. Now she so happy!". I am trying to scold him & trying to hold back the flood of giggles that are coming over me. Marlo has a couple of small bald spots. J was trimming & blowing the cut hair away. Obviously, Marlo is a very mellow cat. Or, as J said, she was "so happy". I was going to take a photo, but thought that it probably wasn't a good idea...I didn't want J to see the photo, or me taking the photo & think that it is ok to trim the cats hair. I'm just glad that he didn't trim his own hair.

No comments: