Monday, April 20, 2009

A bit disapoointed

I don't usually touch on current events or gossip, but I couldn't stay away from this one....I didn't watch the Miss USA pageant...could care less about pageants in general...parading around in a bathing suit and/or evening wear is just silly to me. Anyhow, I was interested to see this
all over the news. It's amazing that heterosexuals are often told that they are "narrow minded". This is the Miss USA pageant, for starters...isn't it a little bigoted of a homosexual to not allow a contestant to her own opinion? It was sad that it was obvious why he asked her the question. It's too bad that Perez Hilton is so narrowminded & shallow, (well, duh! what would I expect from a trashy gossip columnist), that he wouldn't respect somebody elses personal/moral beliefs, (we're supposed to respect his). It's also surprising, to me, that the pageant wouldn't want to try to protect itself a litte more. For years, there have been groups trying to get the pageant "shut down". Why trash it up even more by allowing a skeezy gossip columnist on as a judge. I was impressed that Miss California didn't give a "canned pageant response", she was courageous enough to be honest about her feelings. It's too bad that people have to bully others into not being comfortable enough to have, let alone share their opinions.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Well, this goes to show what has happened to the pagent. You know that years ago, I think the young women who were selected to go the the Miss America pagent were looked at with some awe and respect.. (or maybe that was just me as an 8 year old). Any hint of scandal or moral discord would shatter their chances, and they were looked upon as role models. Now, not so much.
Also, weren't the questions posed to the contestants years ago concerning topics with which they could positively influence the world? Now it's just to get ratings and obviously push platforms. Ugh.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Very well said Summer! Exactly what i was trying to say...I'm just not as articulate!

heather said...

Yup. Good point.

The Camera Fanatic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I'm totally feeling you on this one! And then to watch him in the interview afterwards, wow--I'd definitely say he's the narrow-minded one in this. And she didn't call names at all!!!

mamaparlette said...

Oh Sheila, I think you're very articulate. Very well said.