Monday, April 6, 2009

A taste of summer


























I am so anxious for summer to be here! Yesterday, the big kids & I planted starts for the garden while E mowed & K napped. We planted cilantro, (for the heck of it...we're also going to get a plant because we have terrible luck with cilantro), green onions, radishes, bush peas, bush beans & spinach. We will be planting more next week, sweet potatos for sure...I haven't decided what else...swiss chard, maybe. We drank lemonade & munched on strawberries as a reward for our "hard work". We had gone to church, so the boys were still wearing their polos & they just happened to match...I got the grand idea to make an attempt at getting a photo with the threesome.... So, it started out with all three of them showing me their bummies, (why does K have to do EVERYTHING they say?)...then I resorted to paying them a dollar (the big kids). J still wouldn't fully cooperate, but oh well...the photo is him...little cheesehead that he is.
We found out that our greenhouse is arriving two weeks early...TODAY! So, E & I will take down our shed, relocate it & then assemble the greenhouse. Yay! The last time he took the shed down, he did it by himself & it toppled on him...he didn't get hurt, so I found it humorous...him...not so much.
oh, I have to add...I adore the photo of K realizing that he can see his cute self in my lens. & the photo of M swinging...it's not often that I can capture her just being carefree...cuz she's a poser. plus, who doesn't love a little hair static. lol :) the photo of J & the shovel is my fav of him...he was whacking a rock & i was screaming "oooooowwww!". He's like E...it takes a lot for a belly laugh from him...he just gets a big grin that I love!

1 comment:

mamaparlette said...

You are so funny. Those have to be the best looking strawberries ever. I'm jealous that you can have a garden and actually make things grow! One day, I will too!!! :)