Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A good reminder for me!

We were listening to XM kids & this song came on. It was featured on the 2004 season of American Idol. I often get to wrapped up in "my" stuff, or "me time" & need to refocus & make sure that I don't forget that the kids are only little once. So, my goal for today is to not answer the phone & cut back the computer time!

This song is by Song Writer Sara Hickman & her daughter, Lily, sings it.



put down the paper
hang up the phone
please see me as more than a dog
you throw a bone


yea, let's go outside
no I don't want to hop in the car
and go for a ride


I need a genuine encounter
of the first degree
I need you to stop what you're doing
and look at me...look at me

look at me look at me look at me look at me
look at me look at me look at me look at me now!

you're awfully busy
got things to do
just give me a moment of time
with you

I've got all these ideas I want you to see
there's a person who's growing up
inside of me

I need your full attention
and I deserve it, too
I'm somebody important
I'm a part of you
a part of you

look at me look at me look at me look at me
look at me look at me look at me look at me now!

Please don't be angry
I'm just a kid
I'm only doing the things
that you once did

2 comments:

Summer said...

Well, now I feel like a bad mom. What am I doing on the computer and looking at your blog? Crap.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

ha! You're a NORMAL mom! and a GREAT MOM!