Sunday, May 25, 2008

Canyonlands



Canyonland pictographs






Look closely & you can see the road that we were on.... It doesn't look scary in the photo, but TRUST ME!

I was impressed with the Canyons. E was not. He saw the canyons & the testosterone kicked in. "She...do you want to go off-roading?". Sure. I don't mind off-roading. So, we get to the start of the "trail" & I say, "um...this isn't what I signed up for...you said 'off-roading'...not 'off-cliffing". He was taking our family straight down a cliff with some intense switchbacks. He had to make 3 point turns at some of the switchbacks. Keep in mind...I used to rock climb & repel. I'm not afraid of heights. That all changes when all three of your babies are in the vehicle & you've been driving down a cliff for 2hrs. It doesn't look as intense in these photos...but E admitted later that he had to keep his eyes on the hood of his truck & the road in front of him so that he stayed calm. The kids & I were SO HAPPY to reach the bottom. When we did...we were greeted by the beauty of the Colorado river. We continued on our way & stopped at some petroglyphs. I enjoy seeing a part of our past today. I was dismayed to see the vandalism tho.... Next to the petroglyphs were marks of "JimBob was here" or "Susie loves Johnny". Seriously people?
I could go on & on about how great this entire trip was! We got to see our great friends & their kiddos. All of the kids played so well together. Summer & I got facials. Oh! WOW! I was a little nervous because I have such sensitive skin. Everything was heavenly! The spa is called Journeys End http://www.journeysendspa.com/ . I left with a bag full of goodies for my hair & skin. I think that I found a new addiction! They carry Bumble & Bumble products. Yay! This was a nice treat after my "near death experience". hehe.
Art & Summer also took us to a yummy BBQ restaurant called GoodWood. GoodWood was good. Well, it was actually great! E & I are both usually good at knowing our limits when it comes to food. We both left feeling like we had just eaten Thanksgiving dinner. It was so yummy tho!
It was so good to spend time with my family. We camped in our new trailer. Played games after swimming in the camp pool. Not having an itenerary was nice. No where to be. No phones ringing....
We also got a puppy on the way home...He will get his own post later tho...photos & all!

1 comment:

heather said...

How fun! Glad you had the opportunity to do that. I am really jealous about the trip, except for the dangerous driving of E, M would have been the same way =)