Sunday, May 25, 2008

Beautiful Creation

Devils Garden.














This walk was worth the blistering sunburn...luckily, I remembered to re-lather the sunscreen on the kids...no burns for them. :)

In the midst of the sandstone were beautiful signs of life.












This was the view from our campsite

Just a silly shot through the window while traveling....
We're back from our wonderful vacation! We had a fabulous time! Of course, I have TONS of photos...so I will post in several different blogs. I just went through some of the photos from the beautiful scenery. We were all constantly in awe of Gods beautiful creation. E & I loved that the kids never tired of the changing scenery. We were also impressed at how well they traveled! We had a couple of 9hr days & K would tire of his carseat by the end of the day. The big kids were seated on either side of him & they would start acting silly & make him giggle. The most impressive of our scenery were the Wasatch Mountains (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasatch_Range) & (of course) Arches National Park in Moab. Moab was a fun little town. E & I love FOOD! For us, vacation is totally about the food. We found a wonderful brewery called Eddie McStiff's. Who could pass up dining at a place with a name like that? http://www.eddiemcstiffs.com/ The kids favorite part was the house magician, Rick. Rick was a definate bonus to the great food & brews. He kept us all entertained while we waited for the great grub. Over a course of three different visits (yes, it's that good), we tried several different dishes. All being delish! I don't drink very often, but when I do, I prefer a good, dark brew. No froo froo drinks or wine for me. So, I decided that I couldn't resist a beer called Captain Bastard's Oatmeal Stout. Yum! It was dark & smooth. I tried the Polygamy Porter a few nights later. Not as great. Probably because it's a bit lighter & more of an Ale. I would have taken a photo of the beers if I had my camera with me. Between the great food & the magician, M kept asking to eat at "Stiffies". Anyhow, here are a few photos of the scenery...I'll have to include the Canyonlands photos in another post...that's a story in itself...AND I lived to tell about it! Notice the photo of the "neighborhood". That's actually the view as we're driving into the town of Eagle Mountain. It seemed so random to us that we were driving along & all of a sudden we come upon a town. As Summer said, "Very 'Leave it to Beaverish'". It totally is!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Oh, Sheila... The pictures are SO beautiful. I didn't know if you could really capture the beauty, but you did.

Sheila Nielsen Photography said...

Aw! Thank you! The photos still seem so mediocre to me. Everything was so magnificent! Including our travel companions!

Addie said...

Wow! Such awesome pictures! Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see more!