Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This & That






One of my favorite memories of my dad is his love for gardening. He had a fabulous garden at our first home. He was overjoyed when our next home had not one, but two greenhouses. He just had a knack for growing & nurturing plants. I have started becoming interested in growing our own herbs & veggies...we've had a small garden for years. This year, E bought me a small greenhouse. I have been enjoying puttering & playing in there. We have pumpkins, bush beans, bush peas, edamame, cilantro, lavender, a sunflower, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, black beans, spinach & I'm sure that I'm forgetting something.... I have been feeling an extra twinge of longing for my dad lately. J putters with me in the greenhouse. I remember puttering with my dad. I didn't realize it back then, but those were special days. Anyhow, just a couple of pics of the bush beans & an edamame pushing through the dirt. Oh, I had to add a pic of the frog that we saw at the Safari on Mothers day & a tattered little butterfly. I'll add MD pics at another time...I have a 1yo that's not wanting to nap & crying in his bed...it's been a long day......

1 comment:

Summer said...

Great, great, great