Monday, December 22, 2008

School Programs, tree hunting...tis the season!















Just a hodgepodge of photos from the last few weeks. We went tree hunting...ok...we're losers & went to a tree farm this year. I was busy with photo sessions, so we missed out on our annual tree hunting up the North Umpqua with the gang. We went after E got off work one day...so, the kids were grouchy & didn't want me near them with the camera. They all have carseat hair. Oh, well...these are snapshots of our life...I'm the only one that probably cares that the kids look like they live on the streets. The little brown clump in J's hand...no, it's not feces...it's a volcanoe. I thought that it was a hershey kiss...but I was wrong! It's actually a piece of mud fashioned into a vocanoe.
We waited until after K went to bed to decorate. He has actually done a lot better than I had anticipated. He only un-decorates a few ornaments about 3x/day. For some reason, he waits until E comes home to show dad that he can take ornaments off of the tree. The ornament of the chair & books belonged to my mother in law...Christmas it the time of year that I really miss my dad & mother in law. I never got to meet her, but at Christmas I am saddened that they aren't a part of the kids lives. Our tree is filled with her old ornaments & the ornaments that the kids have made at school.
J's school program...he was nervous & he picks his nose when he's nervous, (look for the kid with his finger up his nose). He was digging away backstage & I kept telling him not to pick on stage. Ya right. He picked...did a few motions to the song & dug some more. Oh, well...he's 4. That's part of being 4. We were so proud of him for actually singing & doing the motions...he DOES NOT like to sing. He doesn't like anybody else to sing either. It makes my happy boy very unhappy. M & I like to rock out in the car. She is my rocker buddy. K is starting to join our little rock band. J sits in his seat with his blanket & growls at us. hehe.
I had to throw in a couple of pics of K in the tub...he beelines for the tub as soon as he gets naked. He is so excited to play with all of the toys that the big kids leave in there. They line the animals up on the side & he knocks them in one by one. :)
Oh! My sis & the kids came over today...mmm...I got to snuggle Miss D while the big kids played. K was so cute w/ her too! I think that he was trying to figure out if she was real or not. He would pet her hair & squeal when she would move or coo. I didn't take any photos...per M's request. "we want to play mom...don't get out the camera". So, they played & I snuggled. It was nice. D's leg is smaller than the other for sure. It's really noticeable now. Definate atrophy on that leg. Her foot is also about half the size as her unaffected foot, (her toes are smaller too). My sister showed me how she massages her leg during each diaper changing. The circulation improvement is obvious right away. Her birthmark turns from bright purple to light pink & the lumpiness seems to improve a bit. One of the hemangiomas that has burst recently is actually larger since it ruptured. Miss D is progressing nicely. She showed off a bit by rolling over for me. :) She has also discovered two favorite fingers. I was dying to get the camera out when she started sucking her fingers. She looked so happy & content. I made my sister promise to bring all of the kids over next week for a photo session. I have an adorable pair of angel wings that I've been dying to get on Miss D. Anyhow, I'm off to bed!

3 comments:

mamaparlette said...

I hope you had a nice Christmas. Your kids all look great in blue. And the little guy doesn't look like he's nearly as much trouble as our little Ahna! She has such a cute grin, but there's so much mischief behind that smile! :)

Beth Twist said...

Oh Sheila, when you said that the chair ornament belonged to Dawn, I instantly got prickly tears in my eyes. I wish you could have known her too... She was (and still is) a bright spot in my life. I think that she is pretty proud of her son's choice in a wife, and is enjoying every moment watching you from Heaven above (read Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven" if you haven't already).

Thanks for sharing your precious moments here.

Kellie Trenkle said...

i loved this post!