Monday, November 10, 2008

Prayers Please

Thank you to all who are keeping Miss D in your prayers! She is headed to OHSU tomorrow to be reviewed by a team of docs. She has had swelling in the affected ankle since she was about 4 days old. My sis has started to notice muscle atrophy in the affected leg & buttocks. These are both typical signs for Klippel Trenaunay, but it's unsettling to see everything progress in real life. She is also progressing in the normal, cute ways. Babbling, cooing & interacting more. I talked to my sis tonight & she said that when she (Miss D) feels like she's not gettng enough attention she makes a noise that sounds like she is saying, "baby". I told Jill that I'm sure she is...she is probably the smartest baby ever...ok...maybe not as smart as mine were/are. hehe. I'll have Miss D's big brother over tomorrow when Jill takes Miss D up to OHSU. M & J have been asking (for days) if it's THE day that Big D comes over. J is excited to have his cousin over to play Wii.
Well, I came home from a senior session & fell asleep in my papasan chair. I'm not sure how that happened! I woke up about 9pm & E had the all of the kids, (I make it sound like I have 12 & not just 3), in their pj's & was getting them ready for bed! I felt like a horrible mom! I was, pleasantly, surprised that he took care of everything. I just felt like I had missed an entire day with M. She's been at school all day & I left the boys with Bobo this afternoon & didn't get home until 5pm. At least she doesn't have school tomorrow. We're going to have to stick together too! We'll be out numbered! ;)

1 comment:

mamaparlette said...

There has to be something to the fact that she went on Veteran's Day for her work over. I'm praying that's a good sign. Please let us know (I'm sure you will) how everything went. Both for your sister AND for you. Did you survive all that testosterone?! :)